Intro

Hey guys! Just decided to try out this blogging thing. I may make this one and never make another one. I may post one a week, one a month, one a day... you get the picture. I'm not sure if this is something that I will get addicted to or if it will feel like a chore, but sometimes I just feel like writing my thoughts down about a particular subject and wonder if anyone else has thought the same thing, thought something different, or just likes to argue (ahem... I mean discuss) as much as I do.

If you don't know me, I am a Christian, Libertarian, Motorcycle enthusiast with a Bachelor's in Business and a focus in entrepreneurship. That pretty well sums up what I would like to talk about as well.

In Christianity, I have some thoughts that aren't exactly main stream or the way that I was raised. I am open minded and think some things outside of the usual. I was raised in a very conservative Christian environment and that forced me to learn the scriptures, a lot. I appreciate the church I went to and still visit from time to time. I don't agree with most of the members of that church and I don't agree with most of the members of the church I go to now. The more I go on, the more I realize we don't have to agree. I believe that a thorough understanding of Christianity necessitates a thorough understanding of the Bible and history. That is not the Bible alone and not history alone.

Politically, I was raised Republican. My family is all Republican. Now, I don't feel the same way they do about things. It's a really amazing thing that I can be in a room filled with people with different political beliefs and one side will think I'm a bleeding-heart liberal and another side will think I'm a Right Wing Tea-bagger. I am neither and will argue with either side (have I mentioned I like to argue?).

I work in a motorcycle shop and it's really the only thing my father's side of the family has ever done. I am the 4th generation to be involved in the business since 1926 when my grandfather started the Chattanooga area's first Harley-Davidson dealership. Since then, we have sold every brand under the sun. I  don't know as much as my dad or as much as I would like to know, but I learn something new every day and I will probably share some knowledge as I learn it. I don't anticipate giving any false info, but understand that I don't know as much as I would like to and there is only one way to learn. This is an issue I will not argue about because there is no RIGHT bike to ride or way to ride it except SAFELY.

I went to UTC and studied Business with a focus in Entrepreneurship. The first lesson was on how to spell entrepreneurship. ANYWAYS, I like to think of myself as a business man and I think I know how to run a business. I find articles that intrigue me sometimes, so I might like something enough to share some thoughts on it. This is an exercise  that we did in school pretty often and I came to enjoy it.

Of course, all of these things come together sometimes, so I will sometimes blend a few of them. There is always a new law (Libertarian) that forces some business (Business), to do something that will hurt the business. There is always a Christian who doesn't like motorcycles. There is always a Motorcyclist that supports some political cause. Maybe somebody will open a business and give all their proceeds to the church one day. Maybe a Christian should operate a business in a specific way. There is always some way to blend these, so enjoy reading or don't! I'm doing this so that I will enjoy it anyways. Hopefully I do. Maybe I won't. Either way, here starts a journey.

Comments

Popular Posts